Month: June 2019
Ditch Your Itinerary and Explore
This is a great quick guide on exploring a city in a more spontaneous and fun way than just rushing between pre-planned sites. Explore and have fun!
👉 How to ditch an itinerary and discover a city
- Research, ask around — ask your Uber driver, check local Instagram accounts
- Be present — look around, pay attention to signs
- Map a Google map — Yes! I always do this on a big trip. It’s fun and helpful. (NYC example)
- Avoid making reservations — give yourself some flexibility
- Walk different routes — go one way, come back the other way
I also liked that the cover art and some of the story mentions Austin as an example, mentioning legit local places like the Hope Outdoor Gallery and Caffe Medici. 😀
Needs a Word… 🎧
There needs to be a word for that feeling when you’re really enjoying a song but you can’t wait for it to be over so that you can listen to the next song because you’re really going to enjoy listening to the next song too.
It’s like you want to be able to fast forward though a song and still enjoy it. 🤦🏻♂️
Lighthouse of Praia da Barra
What a photogenic lighthouse! I’ve got to see this if I ever make it to Portugal. ☺️
Damn, I almost forgot about ticks. It sounds like they’re making a major push!
👉 How to Prevent and Treat Tick Bites and Lyme Disease: A definitive guide
I’m going to just file this under “travel” for next time I go hiking or camping. I don’t really want the Lyme disease. 🙅🏻♂️