The Savvy Psychologist, one of my favorite podcasts, recently posted a great episode on performance anxiety.
👉 Savvy Psychologist: 3 Secrets to Beat Performance Anxiety
As always, she keeps it simple, concise, and practical.
- Get excited to create a feeling of opportunity
- Use a ritual to ground yourself and help with focus
- Practice self-affirmation
As a bonus, I also came across this one in my Medium feed.
👉 6 Science-Backed Strategies to Avoid Choking Under Pressure
I might be imagining this, but I think this one only has five techniques. 🤦🏻♂️. And they seem to focus mostly on positive thinking. And they overlap a bit.
- Don’t think too hard
- Practice under pressure
- Pretend like you’ve already won
- Tell yourself that you’re in control
- Give yourself a pep talk
Kind of a muddled article. If nothing else, it helps me appreciate the Savvy Psychologist!