Would you give 11 minutes of your life to learn how to have consistently better conversations forever after?
If so, here is a really useful talk by Celeste Headlee on the subject.
Okay, if you only have one minute, than here is the super-summary breakdown of the talk.
- Be present – focus 100% on the conversation
- Don’t pontificate – set yourself aside
- Use open-ended questions – let them pick their own words
- Go with the flow
- If you don’t know, so say
- Don’t equate your experience with theirs
- Don’t repeat yourself – don’t repeat yourself 😉
- Stay out of too many details and facts
- Listen to understand the other person
- Be brief but cover the subject – like a miniskirt 😆
Yes, she says not to pontificate in a conversation – if you want to pontificate, then write a blog instead. So here I am. 🤷🏻♂️
One thought on “Super Summary: 10 ways to have a better conversation”