Looking for a real-time county-by-county map of where people are sick in the US, with trends? Here you go. 👍
👉 US Health Weather Map
The data comes from internet-enabled thermometers. Direct from your mouth to this map. I love seeing technology do something truly useful!
Via New York Times.
Some quick facts about Austin’s moonlight towers (constructed 1894–1895) including a map.
👉 Austin’s Iconic Moontowers By The Numbers
👉 Austin Bike Routes Map
Here’’s a great interactive map of Austin’s official and unofficial bike routes. It includes detailed maps of every neighborhood plus ratings for “comfort” level. 😁
Thank you, whoever made this!
This is a great quick guide on exploring a city in a more spontaneous and fun way than just rushing between pre-planned sites. Explore and have fun!
👉 How to ditch an itinerary and discover a city
- Research, ask around — ask your Uber driver, check local Instagram accounts
- Be present — look around, pay attention to signs
- Map a Google map — Yes! I always do this on a big trip. It’s fun and helpful. (NYC example)
- Avoid making reservations — give yourself some flexibility
- Walk different routes — go one way, come back the other way
I also liked that the cover art and some of the story mentions Austin as an example, mentioning legit local places like the Hope Outdoor Gallery and Caffe Medici. 😀
A neighborhood-by-neighborhood map of the 2016 presidential election.